--On Donnerstag, März 09, 2006 17:23:11 -0500 Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

(BTW, there was some work being done on updatable views, but I think
it's stalled.  I suspect the reason is that our current rule system
is just too odd to support updatable views reasonably.  I've been
wondering if an implementation based on allowing triggers on views
would be any more manageable.)

It has stalled because I want more than SQL92 to be implemented...but that's another story. I've sent my latest patches against HEAD to -hackers for discussion.

       Bernd

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster