"Pavel Stehule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Is possible make transaction commit trigger without patching code now?

You can get pretty close with a deferred trigger.  I don't think
there's any way to have a guaranteed "at commit" trigger --- as soon
as (1) there are two of them and (2) one can get an error, the
transaction could fail after running an alleged "at commit" trigger.

                        regards, tom lane

hm. I don't have big problem with false notifications. Who want to use dbms_alert have to calculate with this possibility. But triggers has disadventage - I have to sometimes clean any table, which cary triggers :-(. It's solution. I hope 8.2 will has any general mechanis. Is it possible enhance SPI to parametrized NOTIFY? Default mode send message via libpq, nonstandard raise any callback.

Thank You
Pavel