On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 11:55:15PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Jim Nasby wrote:
>
> >One idea that comes to mind is to come up with a list of popular OSS
> >projects that we'd like to see add PostgreSQL support and have students
> >work on those...
>
> As nice an idea as this is, we'd also need to quickly co-ordinate with
> those projects to make sure that there is a semblance of a chance of
> having those patches included in their distribution ... I realize that the
> Code of Summer program doesn't need a guarantee that the code will be
> committed, but if we're going to do something like the above, would rather
> see it done for projects that wanted the end results ...

Absolutely, though we can't do that without a list of possibilities
first. People want to start throwing out names? (I can't really think of
any off the top of my head, other than OpenQRM, but I have ulterior
motives for that one so perhaps my vote shouldn't count. :) )
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [EMAIL PROTECTED]