Gevik Babakhani schrieb:
Hello Folks,

This may be a dumb question but please bear a moment with me.
About the TODO item “%Allow pg_hba.conf settings to be controlled via
SQL“: If in the future we could configure the settings by SQL commands,
assuming the settings are saved in an internal table, what would be the
need for a pg_hba.conf file anymore. (except for the backward
compatibility of cource)

No, you need the ability to override the settings with external
options to get access to a misconfigured database.

(Well of course you could run postgres in single user mode
to get that too, but it would be a little inconvient...)

Regards
Tino

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend