Jonah H. Harris wrote:
On 4/6/06, Qingqing Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have written some experimental code of doing master-slave seqscan in
PostgreSQL. During the work, I feel we had enough infrastructure to support
parallel query execution.

Great work!  I had looked into this a little bit and came to the same
ideas/problems you did, but none of them seemed insurmountable at all.
 I'd be interested in working with you on this if you'd like.

I'm interested in hearing Tom's suggestions on this topic too.

From time to time there is (often ill-informed) discussion about making postgres multi-threaded - this strikes me as a possible candidate area for multithreading, and maybe that would be a way to overcome some of the problems mentioned.

Just a thought

cheers

andrew