Mario Weilguni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I think all except the first one should raise a warning, isn't it?

to_timestamp (and friends) all seem to me to act pretty bizarre when
faced with input that doesn't match the given format string.  However,
in the end that is an Oracle-compatibility function, and there is only
one measure of what it should do: what does Oracle do in the same case.
Can anyone try these examples on a recent Oracle version?

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq