Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>

> >> Can you guarantee unequivocally that there are absolutely not security
> >> issues in plpgsql?
> >
> > Can you guarantee unequivocally that there are absolutely not security
> > issues
> > in PostgreSQL?
>
> No, but does that mean we should increase the potential by adding in
> something that not everyone that runs PostgreSQL actually uses?

Now that we throw a clear suggestion to use createlang for people who
try to create plpgsql functions, the requests to include plpgsql by
default has dropped to almost zero:

        test=> create function x() as '' language 'plpgsql';
        ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
        HINT:  Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq