On Thu, 4 May 2006, fernando esparza wrote:

Hello,

I'm finishing my career in computer engineering. To finish that I've
to develop a new implementation of R*-tree. My teacher Prof. Dr.
Seeger, http://dbs.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/Home/People/Professor has
already one done, now he wants me to add it to PostgreSQL using Gist.
Now that gist is the PostgreSQL core it's very dificult for me to know
from where to start with. Could you please give me some kind of guide?

Some information is available on
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/GiST
We have also GiST programming tutorial (in Russian)
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html

Thank you. Sincerely yours.

Fernando Esparza

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

      match