"Qingqing Zhou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Yes, IMHO the basic idea is like that - the difficulty is that we are
> lack of efficient object tracking mechanism, so that when an underlying
> object is changed, all the prepared plans should be invalidated.

The basic signaling mechanism does exist (the "sinval" code for tracking
catcache invalidations).  What needs to be done is setting up some
infrastructure for storing plans and recognizing that a particular plan
is invalidated by a particular sinval message.  I think Neil's done some
work on this.

       match