Hi Sibel,

   Here's the mail that I posted about 10 days ago about compiling
and debugging postgres on windows. I have used msys/mingw toolkit and
it is the recommended (by pg community) toolkit to compile postgres on
windows.

   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-05/msg00396.php

Hope it helps. Do let me know if you face any problems.

Regards,
Gurjeet.

On 5/25/06, Jim C. Nasby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 01:46:19AM -0700, sibel karaasma wrote:
> Hi I'm a new postgresql user. I wrote ACO (ant colony optimazition) and
> want to replace it with GEQO in postres/src/backend/optimizer but I don't
know how
> to compile and run the source code :(
>
>   I installed postgresql-8.1.3 and cygwin but I can not use them to
> compile the source code. I want to compare GEQO and ACO optimizers
performance using a small database

mingw is now the approved build method for windows, and I think there's
instructions on how to build PostgreSQL with it somewhere, though I
can't seem to find them now. Though to be honest, you'd probably find it
easier doing development on any kind of a unix box, including OS X.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster