Koichi Suzuki wrote:
I've once proposed a patch for 64bit transaction ID, but this causes some overhead to each tuple (XMIN and XMAX). Pgbench with 64bit transaction ID has to pay about a couple of percent of performance. If 64bit transaction ID is a reasonable fix, I've already posted this patch. Anyone can apply this to later versions.
Did you check performance on 32-bit or 64-bit systems and 64-bit binary version of PGSQL? I think that today is not problem to have 64-bit architecture and 64-bit ID should increase scalability of Postgres.

      Zdenek

      match