Hi, I cant find any function, which tells me something like session
id. Is there something like that? I need it in my AM, because I need
to know, if something which I wrote in file was written in this
current session or previously.

How about
select procpid||' '||backend_start from pg_stat_activity;
Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Something like this would be maybe possible, but this select can
return more rows, when the user is connected with more instances...

David Hoksza

You could do this:

        SELECT procpid||' '||backend_start
        FROM pg_stat_activity