Zoltan Boszormenyi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I am working on adding a new column contraint,
> namely the GENERATED [ALWAYS | BY DEFAULT ] AS
> [ IDENTITY ( sequence_options ) | ( expression )]

Doesn't this still have the issue that we're taking over spec-defined
syntax to represent behavior that does not quite match the spec-defined
semantics?  It's not clear to me how closely tied this syntax is to
NEXT VALUE FOR, but if it's got any of the latter's action-at-a-distance
subtleties then I think we ought to leave well enough alone till we have
a solution for that.