On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 02:19:01PM -0400 I heard the voice of
Tom Lane, and lo! it spake thus:

> I did some experimentation just now, and could not get mysql to accept a
> command longer than about 1 million bytes.  It complains about
>       Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes
> which seems a bit odd because max_allowed_packet is allegedly set to
> 16 million, but anyway I don't think people are going to be loading any
> million-row tables using single INSERT commands in mysql either.

On the contrary, I've hit it several times by just trying to import
[into another database] the output of a mysqldump I just did.  Great
design, that...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

       match