It has a Help button that takes you straight to that doc page.

> >We have no sensible way of determining whether or not the
> libpq we are
> >running with supports PGPASSFILE.
> >

> Well, this answer is better. The lack of an API to tell you
> the library
> version is possibly worrying, though.

Indeed. The issue has been raised a few times in the past but for
reasons I forget, such an API has never been added :-(

I'd be happy with:

int PQmajorVer()
int PQminorVer()

Or something similar. It would also be handy to have something like
PQhasKerberos()...

Regards, Dave.

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster