> Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Marc Munro wrote:
> >> I want Veil (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/veil/) to be able to read
> >> configuration details from a configuration file.
>
> > What kind of details?  By the time any server-side module is loaded, the
> > configuration file has already been read, so why would you need to read
> > it again?
>
> Probably the correct question is whether Marc's problem isn't already
> solved by the "custom GUC variable" mechanism --- that is, whatever he
> wants to configure should be defined as "custom" GUCs within the
> existing configuration file.

I don't think it's already solved but I may be missing the point.  The
Veil shared library will be loaded by process_preload_libraries only
after the postgresql config file has been read.  I was assuming that at
this point it would be too late to specify custom GUCs.

Instead I want to load my own "veil.conf" file which would support the
same sort of syntax as postgresql.conf.

My proposal is to simply expose a new function processAddinConfigFile()
which would mimic ProcessConfigFile but would call a user-supplied
function to deal with each entry.  Obviously, this would be usable by
future add-ins and not just Veil.

If there is a better way to do this please tell me.
__
Marc