On Jul 25, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Hannu Krosing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2006-07-25 kell 13:06, kirjutas Tom Lane:
The reason I have such high sales resistance is that we've carried the hash and rtree AMs for years, hoping that someone would do the work to
make them actually worth using, with little result.

What would be the use-case for hash indexes ? And what should be done to
make them faster than btree ?

If we knew, we'd do it ;-)  But no one's put enough effort into it
to find out.

Do they use the same hash algorithm as hash joins/aggregation? If so, wouldn't hash indexes be faster for those operations than regular indexes?
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [EMAIL PROTECTED]