There are some days where High Speed Internet for Personal use just should never have been invented ...

Over the past 24 hours, we've been experiencing a problem with the network that has taken us a bit to identify as being at our end, and a little bit longer to identify as being with the postgresql.org vServer ... someone is attacking it ...

our provider has blocked the IP for now, so that direct access to the vServer isn't possible, but due to the delivery rules, and MXs, email should still flow properly ...

The attacking IP, from the logs, appears to be "87.230.6.96" ...

I'm lowering the TTL for the the DNS right now, and, if this persists past a few hours, I will change the IP and hope that they are attacking the IP, and not the domain ...

----