Hello Alfranio,

alfranio correia junior wrote:
Of course not...
It is impossible to build a replication system entirely by only using
triggers...

Hm, I don't think it's impossible, just unpractical. Anyway, if you say so yourself, I really doubt the use of GAPI. If you need to create your own hooks anyway beside GAPI, why use GAPI at all? Better have one kind of 'hooking' (i.e. with a dynamically loaded library).

But definitely, there is a set of common requirements among a variety of
replication systems. Moreover, such requirements are also useful to
other systems as well.

So far, they are only partly usable for replication. I never looked into materialized views or anything else that would benefit from such triggers.

Regards

Markus

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster