Jim C. Nasby wrote:
On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 12:17:44PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
Platypus just started failing...
http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=platypus&dt=2006-08-09%2010:05:01

Rest of the farm is looking pretty green, though, so I'm not sure what
to make of it... but
http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=platypus&dt=2006-08-09%2009:05:01
is the first run it failed on, and several files changed in ecpg/test:

Files changed this run

pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/ChangeLog 1.320
pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/include/pgtypes_numeric.h 1.16
pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/pgtypeslib-num_test2.c 1.2
pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/test/expected/pgtypeslib-num_test2.stdout 1.2
pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/test/pgtypeslib/num_test2.pgc 1.2
pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib/numeric.c 1.29

Also, it looks like "Files changed since last sucess" maybe isn't
working right? Or does it intentionally exclude files already listed in
"changed since last run"?
Jim, can you upgrade your version of the script to the latest in CVS?

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/pgbuildfarm/client-code/run_build.pl?rev=1.64&content-type=text/plain

It has a feature that blows away the ccache directory on failure, so that we don't have a failure that might be caused by ccache persisting.

Doesn't seem to be working; the cache still had data after
http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=platypus&dt=2006-08-09%2019:59:17.

*ahem* you loaded 1.62 (the latest release), not 1.64 (cvs tip) like I asked.

After that, remove the actual cache.( I notice that you are using ccache but don't seem to have a cache directory set - that can be a problem, too. It's best to have a cache per branch)

That seems kinda bunk, since ccache is normally used in a system-wide
setting.

Not on my boxes! ;-) ccache is only used if explicitly invoked in my world.

Alternatively, just turn off use of ccache in your config file - probably commenting out this line would suffice:

'CC' => 'ccache gcc -O3 -pipe'

And see if that fixes the problem.

Nope, no dice...

At any rate, do please try to blow the cache away manually and rerun.

btw, your config file also looks slightly out of date - a modern one will set up a per branch cache, which is both safer and more effective.

cheers

andrew