On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 11:12:11AM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >Trac does support PostgreSQL...
> >
> >The thing I don't understand at this point is what exactly is the
> >nature of the integration with the SCM.
> >
> >I don't see it being likely that there will be a deep integration of
> >the PostgreSQL SCM (whatever the SCM platform) with Trac; that's way
> >too much change to expect quickly...
>
> Basically I have it set up like this:
>
> * Trac has built-in browsing of the svn via the web
>
> * When I commit, the commit message must have a reference to an open
> ticket in Trac, eg:
>
>  "Rearrange blah to fix bad bug.  Fixes #745"
>
> * In trac's "development timeline", or whatever you can see all the
> commits against each ticket, and just click on them to see the
> complete diff for each change set in SVN.
>
> * Commit messages can contain full wiki markup, that fully integrates
> with the wiki that is all thoughout Trac.  So, you can have wiki in
> your commit messages that refers to other bugs, wiki pages, source
> code files and lines, etc.
>
> Basically, Trac is cool.  I don't see us adopting it too quickly for
> PostgreSQL though :P

Well, CMD does have it up and running with our repository as sucked out
of CVS. Granted, not full functionality, but better than nothing. If
Josh turns on the rest of the stuff folks could go play with it and see
what they think.

BTW, if GNATS is what FreeBSD uses I'd have to agree that it's pretty
ugly.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [EMAIL PROTECTED]