Zoltan Boszormenyi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> How about the callback solution for the SELECT case
> that was copied from the original? Should I consider
> open-coding in copy.c what ExecutorRun() does
> to avoid the callback?

Adding a DestReceiver type is a good solution ... although that static
variable is not.  Instead define a DestReceiver extension struct that
can carry the CopyState pointer for you.  You could also consider
putting the copy-from-view-specific state fields into DestReceiver
instead of CopyState, though this is a bit asymmetric with the relation
case so maybe it's not really cleaner.

BTW, lose the tuple_to_values function --- it's an extremely bad
reimplementation of heap_deform_tuple.  copy_dest_printtup also seems
coded without regard for the TupleTableSlot access API (read printtup()
to see what to do instead).  And what's the point of factoring out the
heap_getnext loop as CopyRelationTo?  It's not like that lets you share
any more code.  The inside of the loop, ie what you've called
CopyValuesTo, is the sharable part.