On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 09:48:01PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
> > Looking at this further, I am wondering if it would not be better to put
> > sample .emacs and .vimrc files in the source (in, say, src.tools).
>
> What does people use in .vimrc?  Mine has simply this:
>
> :  set cinoptions=(0
> :  set tabstop=4
> :  set shiftwidth=4

Has anyone considered adding vi/vim options to the files themselves?
Granted, not a trivial task, but it would ensure anyone using vim would
have the correct settings. I don't know if emacs has the same ability
(I've seen the "Hey emacs, this is a C file" stuff...)
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

       match