Tom,

On 9/4/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I propose that for ILIKE in multibyte encodings, we just pass the strings
through lower() and then use the normal LIKE code.  This will be a bit
slower than what we do now, but as a wise man once said, code can be
arbitrarily fast if it needn't give the right answer.  And we can't just
ignore the bug for still another release cycle.

Perhaps it's a stupid question but what about the indexes? An index on
lower(field) will be used by the new code or we wiil keep the current
behaviour of ILIKE?

Regards,

--
Guillaume