On Sep 10, 2006, at 5:21 , Tom Lane wrote:

In the category of "egad", I found out that the tinterval datatype uses
<< for "contains"!  This is simply bizarre --- whether you approve of
the inet-like notation or not, surely the arrows are pointing the wrong way. Given that tinterval is deprecated and not even documented, maybe
this isn't worth fixing.  Any thoughts?

I'd say leave tinterval as it is. If it's ever updated to use the modern time types (rather than abstime), that would be a logical time to change it, it seems to me.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

              http://archives.postgresql.org