On 9/13/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        statement: querystring                  Simple Query
        parse <stmt>: querystring               Parse
        bind <stmt>/<portal>: querystring       Bind
        execute <stmt>/<portal>: querystring    Execute

I agree with that.
<statement>" in your last commit. Or did I misunderstand?

or these prefixed with "duration: xxx", as appropriate.  Bruce was
pretty hot about having statement: in there, so the hard part might
be to convince him.

Bruce, any opinion? I really think the extended query protocol is not
a statement stricly speaking.

Also, the current code distinguishes a "fetch" from an
already-partially-executed portal ... do you care about that?

I don't really understand what is a portal - I must admit I don't use
libpq directly. I never saw a log file with fetch. Do you have an
example? Should I consider an execute from fetch differently?

--
Guillaume