Tom Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Joshua's original mail suggested that only certain features would go in.
> Is that still on the cards, or will other features be considered if
> they're ready?

You'll note that Dave's mail said no such thing.

There has been some talk of trying to agree on a roadmap for 8.3 and
coordinate development efforts accordingly --- but that does not
constitute an agreement to reject work not in the roadmap, just some
coordination among those people who wish to coordinate.

> I'm obviously thinking of enums which was ready (for review at least) a
> few weeks ago, but has probably bitrotted slightly since then given the
> number of patches that have landed in the tree. I intended to brush it
> up as soon as the 8.3 tree was open and resubmit it.

Please do.

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend