Andrew - Supernews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Whether the underlying device lies about the write completion is another
> matter. All current SCSI disks have WCE enabled by default, which means
> that they will lie about write completion if FUA was not set in the
> request, which FreeBSD never sets.

Huh?  The entire point of the SCSI command set is that it's not
necessary to lie about write completion for performance reasons, because
the architecture has always supported the concept of multiple requests
in-flight concurrently.  Has the disk drive industry gotten a whole lot
stupider in the fifteen years since I last wrote a SCSI driver?