We are monitoring the machine, however in this case nothing appeared
wrong to the monitoring processes - what had happened was that both had
hung or got in an inifinite loop in ECPG-check, the machine was running
just fine, and a glance at the process list showed everything I'd expect
to see during a normal run. A system for detecting lack of reports from
a member would definitely have helped in this case.

Regards, Dave

       match