We are trying to introduce access control. For this we have to rewrite the input query by replacing each relation by its corresponding authorized view. Which part of the code should we modify for this.
Till now we have thought of the following:
1. We take as input the parse tree generated by the parser.
2. We implement a "new" module which rewrites the parse tree into the format we want.
3. We feed this new parse tree into the optimizer.
Does a module exist which rewrites the parse tree generated. We saw that there exist some rewrite module in /src/backend/rewrite. Is that the correct module to make changes to!
It is not the aptitude but the attitude that decides a persons altitude
Computer Science Dept.
IIT Powai, Mumbai 400076
Ph no: 9819841537
- [HACKERS] In which module does query rewriting takes place Shaunak Godbole
- Re: [HACKERS] In which module does query rewriting ta... Andrew Dunstan
- Re: [HACKERS] In which module does query rewritin... Tom Lane
- Re: [HACKERS] In which module does query rewr... Andrew Dunstan