Tom Lane wrote:
Neil Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Given the time that has been spent working around
the braindamaged behavior of qsort() on various platforms, I would be
more inclined to *always* use our qsort() instead of the platform's
version.

I've been heard to argue against that in the past, but I'm beginning to
see the merit of the idea.  One good reason for doing it is that we
could stop worrying about the possibility of large-scale memory leaks
due to erroring out of glibc's qsort --- in particular it would be OK
to add CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS into the comparison callback as was
requested recently.

I think this is a great idea - having predictable sort performance on all platforms makes a lot of sense.

Cheers

Mark

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq