Bruce Momjian wrote:
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
Solaris had broken strtod function when parse "Inf" and "Nan". See
solaris.h. This bug has been fixed for all current versions of Solaris (
8, 9, 10). See
Workaround is not necessary now, but I'm not sure if workaround removing
is good idea. There are some possible variants:
1) keep workaround in the code for compatibility with unpatched system
and adjust comment in solaris.h
2) remove workaround and mention required Solaris patch in the
3) add some test into configure script and use workaround only on
unpatched system. (It should be nightmare for packagers)
#1. What do you want to change about the existing comment?
* Many versions of Solaris have broken strtod() --- see bug #4751182.
* For the moment we just assume they all do; it's probably not worth
* the trouble to add a configure test for this.
/* Many versions of Solaris had broken strtod() -- see bug #4751182.
Now, it is fixed in recent versions of Solaris (8 and above -- see patch
108993-62 and 112874-34). However, there should be many unpatched
system. For the moment we just assume they all do; it's probably not
worth the trouble to add a configure test for this. */
It is only update that it is fixed and why workaround is not removed.
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster