On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Agreed we need to push out the back branch releases.  Let me know what I
can do to help.

Making up the release notes is the only large bit of work ... do you
want to do that?

FYI to the rest of you: we're planning back-branch releases before 8.2
final, since 8.1 in particular is well overdue for an update.  Current
proposal is to wrap tarballs on Thursday 10/12 for public release Monday
10/16.  If you've got any back-branch patches sitting around, send 'em
in now ...

We, probably, have one patch for 8.1 stable branch which seems
helped with locking on SMP Windows setup. I'm currently testing it and
it looks good.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq

        Regards,
                Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83