Yourfriend wrote:
>  According to the release notes of 8.2, the following item should have been
> implemented,
>
> E.1.3.11.
> psql<http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-psql.html>Changes
>
>    -
>
>    Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than one line at
>    a time (Sergey E. Koposov)
>
>    This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier.
>

> The test shows that it's OK under Linux (Slackware),  but malfunctioned on
> Windows XP.

Good point.  We don't use readline on Win32, but rather the native
command-line control, over which we have little control.  Update release
item text is:

      <listitem>
       <para>
        Save multi-line statements as a single entry, rather than
        one line at a time (Sergey E. Koposov)
       </para>

       <para>
        This makes up-arrow recall of queries easier.  (This is
        not availble on Win32 because it typically uses the native
        command-line editing present in the operating system.)
       </para>
      </listitem>

--
  Bruce Momjian   [EMAIL PROTECTED]