On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:33:13PM -0400, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 20:27 -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Wow, that's news to me. I'll prepare a docs patch to reflect that.
>
> It is already reflected in the docs, although it might need to be more
> prominent.

Yeah, it should be listed at the top of the page, IMO.

> > Is there any other operations ALTER TABLE can perform on a view?
>
> IIRC, it can be used to rename an index, sequence, or view, and also to
> add defaults to a view's columns.

I don't see anything about indexes...

I think it'd be best to move this functionality out of ALTER TABLE and
put it in the appropriate ALTER commands (well, we can't move it out
yet, but we should depricate it).
--
Jim Nasby                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq