Tom Lane wrote:
Sean Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Trying to build 8.2beta1 on MacOS G5 Xserver, OS version 10.4.7. I got this: /usr/bin/libtool: for architecture: cputype (16777234) cpusubtype (0) file: -lSystem is not an object file (not allowed in a library)

What Xcode version have you got?  My recollection is that this is the
symptom of trying to build with pre-10.4 Xcode tools on 10.4.

(Yeah, time to download that 800MB file again :-( ... but at least it's
free...)
Looks like that might be the case (my gcc is from 2003!). I'll try again after updating and let you know for sure.

Thanks, Tom.

Sean

      match