"Jim C. Nasby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> BTW, if we add these counters we'll be up to 7 stats dealing with vacuum
> and analyze, and NikhilS has a patch we're finalizing that would add 3
> more. Right now there's 4 slated to go into pg_stat_* in 8.2, but maybe
> we should have a separate view for vacuum/FSM statistics?

I've seen no demonstration of a need for *any* of them, actually,
and am pretty dubious that we want to add so much collection overhead.
At least not without a major redesign of the stats reporting mechanism.
If we just drop in another seven counters, we'll create an immediate 50%
increase in the stats-file I/O volume, even when no vacuuming is
happening at all.