Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

As a result of there being two *known* outstanding bugs, we have just bundled up a Beta3, to allow for testing of the recent patch concerning WAL replay ...

What are the bugs?

AFAIK:

1. Tuple freezing and hint bits were not WAL-logged, which could lead to data corruption if database crashed after VACUUM. See recent thread titled "WAL logging freezing".

2. B-tree page deletion bug, which could lead to VACUUM erroring with "failed to re-find parent key" message. See thread "Nasty btree deletion bug": http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/msg01373.php

I assume that we also want to fix the plperl/plperlu interaction issue, especially as it will result in changed behaviour on some platforms, at least.

I have asked a couple of people to look over and test the patch I posted on Sunday, but i have not had any reaction so far and feel slightly nervous about applying it. I will make some time to do more testing myself this weekend.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq