Unfounded? pg_file_write() is in contrib, not core precisely because some
considered it to be a possible risk (despite COPY being as dangerous) and
wanted to make it a  non-default option.

Personally I think a guc to disable it, COPY and other potentially dangerous
utility functions would be preferrable but that's a whole other argument.

Regards, Dave

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate