Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Dhanaraj M wrote:
I am sending the patch for the following TODO item:
Allow the identifier length to be increased via a configure option

You should use pg_config.h, not mangle postgres_ext.h like that.  Or
maybe generate postgres_ext.h from an hypotetical postgres_ext.h.in (but
I wouldn't do that, really).

I'm wondering how this got into the TODO list.  It seems rather
pointless, and likely to create client compatibility problems (if not,
why is NAMEDATALEN exported at all?)
Will this TODO item be removed from the list?
Or I shall proceed with the suggestions given.

Thanks
Dhanaraj

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq