Tom Lane wrote:
> As near as I can tell, you're using CopyErrorData not because you
> need an actual copy but just because elog.c doesn't export any other
> API to let you see the current sqlerrorcode.  Perhaps adding a
> function to return the top stack entry's sqlerrorcode would be a
> better API change?

Yes, something like that would be good to have.  At the moment, there
are not a lot of users of this mechanism in our code, so I'm not in a
hurry to change this (and I think that I want to rewrite the XML
parsing code to do without the exceptions dance).

--
Peter Eisentraut

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster