Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I dug into it a bit and found that pltcl and plpython appear to use almost identical code, but only pltcl has this limitation documented. I'm inclined to say we should document this for plperl and plpython for stable releases and remove the limitation for all three for 8.3. I see that SQL level prepare calls regprocin() to resolve type names, so maybe we should that for the PLs when calling SPI_prepare as well.

I think parseTypeString() may be the thing to use.  It's what plpgsql
uses...

OK, I'll see what I can do.

cheers

andrew.