--enable-thread-saftey is surely misspelled.

not sure about the rest.

cheers

andrew

Andrew Hammond wrote:
I'm trying to build PostgreSQL 8.2.2 outside the ports system on a
FreeBSD 6.2 amd64 box. The databases/postgresql81-server port builds
8.1.7 just fine on the same box. My configure fails. I'm new to
FreeBSD so I expect I'm missing something pretty obvious. config.log
follows. Line 2212 is very odd since it appears to be giving gcc the
library prefix as a file name.

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by PostgreSQL configure 8.2.2, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql822_sl126_amd64_FreeBSD62
--with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libs=/usr/local/lib
--enable-thread-saftey --with-openssl --enable-debug CC=gcc CFLAGS=-O3
-funroll-loops -m64

      match