Gene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> ... just my two cents. on a side note, would putting the wal on a
> tmpfs partition give you something similar?

Indeed, I'm wondering why one needs to hack the Postgres core to throw
away data integrity guarantees; there are plenty of ways to do that
already :-(.  Hideyuki-san has not explained exactly what integrity
assumptions he wants to make or not make.  I'm surely willing to listen
to supporting a different set of assumptions than we currently use, but
I'd like to see a clear explanation of what assumptions are being made
and why they represent a useful case.

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate