Jacob Rief wrote:
> Is there any convention how to rename such identifiers? If I would
> rename those identifiers (I simply would add an underscore to each of
> them), would such a patch be accepted and adopted onto one of the
> next releases?

Couldn't you do the required renamings as preprocessor macros, e.g.,

#define typename _typename
#include <postgres_stuff>
#undef typename

#include <c++_stuff>

your_code;

I would expect very little enthusiasm for making PostgreSQL code C++
safe.  There is already too much trouble keeping up with all the
variants of C.

--
Peter Eisentraut