On 2/13/07, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would suggest that the search path be added as an explicit parameter
to CREATE FUNCTION, with a default of the current setting.  The main
reason for this is that it's going to be a real PITA for pg_dump if we
don't allow an explicit specification.

yikes!

If you guys go through with forcing functions to attach to objects
when they are created, it will break almost every project I've ever
worked on :(.  The schema/function combo fits into all kinds of de
facto partitioning strategies and organization methods.

I can understand invalidating plans when the search_path changes, though.

merlin

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend