On 2/19/07, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
pg_trgm was developed for spelling corrrection and there is a threshold of
similarity, which is 0.3 by default. Readme explains what does it means.

Yes, I read it.

Similarity could be very low, since you didn't make separate column and length
of the full string is used to normalize similarity.

Yep, that's probably my problem. Ignored records are a bit longer than
the others.

I tried the tip in README.pg_trgm to generate a table with all the words.

It can do the work in conjunction of tsearch2 and a bit of AJAX to
suggest the full words to the users. The reason why I was not using
tsearch2 is that it's sometimes hard to spell location names
correctly.

The only problem is that it is still quite slow on a 50k rows words
table but I'll make further tests on a decent server this afternoon.

--
Guillaume