Hi,

I didn't see this on the TODO list, but if it is my apologies. Is it in the cards to expand the functionality of DELETE/UPDATE returning to be able to sort the output of the rows returned? Or allow delete and update to be used in sub-queries?

Some examples:

create temp table t1 (id integer, location_id integer);
insert into t1 values(1, 1);
insert into t1 values(2, 1);
insert into t1 values(3, 1);
insert into t1 values(1, 3);

create temp table search_requests (id integer);
insert into search_requests values(1);
insert into search_requests values(3);

-- This works
delete from search_requests using t1 where t1.id = search_requests.id returning t1.id, t1.location_id;

-- This does not work.
delete from search_requests using t1 where t1.id = search_requests.id returning t1.id, t1.location_id order by t1.location_id desc;

-- This does not work.
select foo.id, count(*) from (delete from search_requests using t1 where t1.id = search_requests.id returning t1.id, t1.location_id) as foo group by foo.id;

Thanks,

Rusty
--
Rusty Conover