On 2/28/07, Gregory Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Except that's not what you're doing. There's nothing wrong with saying "foo
does this clever thing I think we should copy because <insert argument>". Nor
even "foo does this thing, would that help us?" But what you seem to be saying
is "*Because* foo does this thing we can conclude it's a clever thing and we
should do it".

Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Sybase, Teradata, MySQL, and Firebird have a
clever feature called page checksumming which I think we should copy
because it's simple and effective at detecting page-level corruption
due to torn pages and/or faulty storage hardware.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend