Pavel Stehule wrote:

From: Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] proposal: only superuser can change customized_options Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:40:10 -0500

"Pavel Stehule" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I want to use custmized option for security configuration one contrib
> library. Currently customized options are usable only for default
> configuration, because everybody can change it. It is substitution of global
> variables.
> Decision if option is protected or not can be based on name of option.

I dislike making it depend on spelling.  There was discussion of this
problem before, and we had a much saner answer: when the module that
defines the variable gets loaded, discard any local setting if the
correct protection level of the variable is SUSET or higher.  See the

            regards, tom lane

I am finding it.

Is there any chance you can work on this? I suspect I won't have time.

You can see the original thread here: